Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reflection Essay [Feed Project]

"If you were to have your own personal feed, what would it contain?" Wow, now that wasn't exactly the easiest question for me to answer since I'd have to try to figure out the type of person I am and the type of things I'm interested in. So when we were assigned this project and we were told that we'd be showing what we liked I was like "I don't know what I like." Ehh, lie. Of course I know what I like. And that is food. =D

My feed contains lots of advertisements involving food because I love food. We need it to survive, no duh, so I should at least be munching and chowing down on some meal that I'd actually enjoy. Eating delicious food is very important to me. It has to appeal to my taste buds or else I won't eat it. I'm a very picky eater too...which is a problem. But no, that does not mean I'm anorexic. =) I'm a huge fan of convenience, therefore I enjoy eating fast food every now and then. It's fatty, but oh so good, I mean c'mon. Who wouldn't love it? xD

So in America, there are tons of fast food restuarants. Or should I say fat food restuarants. We Americans love fast food since it comes to us so rapidly...or do we go to it rapidly? Well there is pizza deliverly, but if we want some McDonald's, might as well get those fat legs moving. All these fast food restuarants are turning us into some fat and lazy people. America is pretty much labeled as the fattest country in the world. Pretty disappointing. Part of the blame is put on the size of the food at these restuarants. I heard through the grapevine that a size small drink in America is about a size large drink in France. What the hell! That's some effing crazy shit. O.o

Technology use, consumerism or anti-consumerism impacts our society in many different ways. Like anything else, the impact is both positive and negative. The positive thing is that we become smarter when it comes to how to use technology. Another positive is that we know what is it that we need to buy. Sure it would be great to buy all the things we want. But, do we necessarily need it? No. We learn to have our limits and are able to say no to ourselves...or um...sometimes it's our parents that say no to us. >.< The negatives are of course we rely on technology way too much resulting in our laziness and we may spend too much money cause we buy things we want more than what we actually need. It's always okay to resist this.

Media, consumerism, and popular culture doesn't really influence me that much. Sure I may see what people have/want and what the latest trends are, but I truly don't care. I'm more focused on what I want and need. So it's really no big deal to me. However, technology does influence me a lot. I mean, even right now I'm using a computer to type all this out. It just makes a whole lot easier. And once again, I LOVE convenience. This does eventually lead me into wanting to buy more technology since it's all so damn cool! xD They mold us, but not as much as we mold them. Some people allow these things to influence us while others do not. It really depends on the person. However, we do mold these things because they try to see what celebrities we like, what kinds of things we are into and etc. They use this information to create products that we would like and need.

Technology and media kind of lets me increase more on my interests (if you understand what I mean). I see all these new things and in my mind I'm like "Oh, something new. I'm kind of bored of this same stuff...so might as well." I kinda figure that in the end, I'm not really different from any one else. Sure I am my own person but I will always share the same interests as other people.

In the world of Feed, you are really nothing without the feed. You need the feed to do all the basic things such as buying products and communicating with others. Knowing how to read and write does you no good in a world that has forgotten all that and is just relying on technology. Not having the feed will just end up in alienation and isolation and I'm pretty sure no one wants to feel that. Who would ever want to be left out and alone in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment